Use your iPad to take the Road Trip Challenge!
Use Your Ipad
Are you ready for a road trip?
The Road Trip Challenge (RTC) app is currently available for use on Apple iPad’s only, but Macintosh and PC platforms will be downloadable at www.cdmfun.org soon. Download the free iPad-app at the Apple App Store today.
Road Trip Challenge can be used on individual iPads or classroom sets of the devices. Once downloaded, RTC does not require Internet access. The app can also be used in interactive kiosks in museums, science centers and other educational venues. Road Trip Challenge kiosks can be found in four museums/science centers across the country: Creative Discovery Museum, Chattanooga, TN, LeMay America’s Car Museum, Tacoma, WA, Thanksgiving Point, Lehi, UT and Exploreum, Mobile, AL.
Road Trip Challenge Legs
Ten Road Trip Challenge “legs" are currently available. By playing each leg, users can take a virtual roadtrip from the East Coast to the West Coast of the U.S. Each leg of the Road Trip Challenge takes you on a unique journey, with each of the ten legs having a different content focus.
- Leg 1 - Fort Myers, FL to Chattanooga, TN
Focus: Renewable Energy Sources
- Leg 2 - Chattanooga, TN to Nashville, TN
Focus: Sustainable Energy Options
- Leg 3 - Nashville, TN to Naperville, IL
Focus: Carbon and the Carbon Cycle
- Leg 4 - Naperville, IL to Ann Arbor, MI
Focus: Climate and Weather
- Leg 5 - Nashville, TN to Dallas, TX
Focus: Annual and Perennial Plants
- Leg 6 - Dallas, TX to Wichita, KS
Focus: Agricultural Science
- Leg 7 - Wichita, KS to Albuquerque, NM
Focus: Genetic Research
- Leg 8 - Albuquerque, NM to Lehi, UT
Focus: Human Impact on the Environment
- Leg 9 - Lehi, UT to Tacoma, WA
Focus: Production of Biofuels and Bioproducts
- Leg 10 - Tacoma, WA to Eugene, OR
Focus: Hydroelectric Power